THE NAKED FAMILY

Kourtney Kardashian is totally stripped down for the December/January issue of GQ Mexico. The reality TV star appears on a number of covers for the magazine, and for one of them, she ditches the pants. The 39-year-old mother of three may wear a cozy black turtleneck in the shot, but besides that, she’s au naturel.

Kourtney getting even barer, posing completely nude atop a counter or sprawled out on the floor. The spread was shot by photographer Michael Schwartz.

Kourtney already has a response to critics who’d disapprove of her posing nude. “I am very comfortable in my own skin, I like to be naked in my house and I think it is important to show positive images of our body,” she says in interview, she’s apt to post bikini pics and stripped-down photos on Instagram.

She also isn’t the only member of the family to show serious skin for a magazine. In August, sister and model Kendall Jenner posed topless and freed the nipple for her feature in LOVE’s 10th anniversary issue. And Kim Kardashian, Queen of the Naked Selfie, recently posed topless for Richardson magazine’s 20th anniversary issue. Continue reading

CHANEL IN PARIS

On the heels of major openings in London and New York, Chanel has unveiled its new five-story flagship in Paris, marking the culmination of a six-year project that lays the groundwork for the digital transformation of the French luxury house’s retail network.

The new location, a stone’s throw from its historic boutique on Rue Cambon, is the brand’s largest in the French capital, with 10,800 square feet of sales floor, including its biggest shoe department. Architect Peter Marino designed the store, which is housed in three historic buildings, among them a former 17th-century convent.

In addition to the entire Chanel range of ready-to-wear, accessories, watches and fine jewelry, perfume and beauty, the flagship features two floors of reception rooms where VIP customers will be able to do everything from take a shower to enjoy a private meal. Continue reading

BLACK FRIDAY WINDOWS STILL SHINE

In a queasy year for retail, the department-store holiday extravaganza gleams on. For the most important selling season of the year, the venerable department stores of New York have marshaled their resources for elaborate displays of festive cheer. These are a family tradition and a tourist destination, a spare-no-expense arms race for delighted gasps, bugged eyes and Instagram feeds.

DOLCE FIRED BY CHINA

Dolce & Gabbana Shanghai Show Canceled, Chinese Celebs and Models Flee Furor Stefano Gabbana claims insults about China posted from his personal Instagram were from a hacking.

The fallout from the canceled Dolce & Gabbana show and the brand’s inflammatory remarks about China continued to roil the Chinese fashion world with powerful editors, influencers and celebrities expressing everything from rage to deep disappointment.

A multimillion dollar one-hour runway show scheduled here by Dolce & Gabbana was abruptly canceled the day of, after insults about China were posted from the Instagram account of designer Stefano Gabbana, leading to the country’s biggest names in fashion and entertainment pulling out of attending the show en masse. The designer and the brand posted on Wednesday afternoon just hours ahead of the planned event saying that the account had been hacked. Continue reading

MEN, MIX OR NOT, THAT IS THE QUESTION?

After switching to joint women’s and men’s displays following the arrival of Clare Waight Keller as artistic director in 2017, Givenchy has decided to switch back to the men’s wear fashion calendar for the fall 2019 season. At least one major brand is battling the tide of coed shows.

The French fashion house will stage a presentation on Jan. 16 during Paris Men’s Fashion Week, before returning to the runway in June.

Waight Keller, will continue to show women and men side by side in her ready-to-wear and haute couture shows, the brand said. “Granting men’s wear a dedicated platform starting from January reflects the house’s support of Clare Waight Keller’s vision for the brand,”. Continue reading

LAST WEEK SECRET WAS OUT

Last week, Victoria’s Secret ceo Jan Singer left her post under pressure. A representative from L Brands would not confirm whether Mehas would be joining Victoria’s Secret, only to say that further “commentary” regarding Jan Singer’s departure would be revealed during report to day.

Though women carrying Victoria’s Secret shopping bags are still a familiar sight in malls and big cities, the brand for the last few years has been struggling to reverse declining sales and recapture relevancy amid changing consumer tastes and shopping habits and increased competition, among them Aerie, Soma, ThirdLove, Adore Me, Lively and Spanx.

Victoria’s Secret has been under scrutiny for failing to keep up with shifting consumer demands, especially involving themes of female empowerment and diversity. Its reticence to change has been made even more pronounced with the emergence of competitors like Rihanna’s lingerie company Savage X Fenty and ThirdLove, which aim to be more inclusive of women of different shapes, sizes and backgrounds. Underwear trends have also been shifting toward comfort and athleticism, rather than lacy, padded and push-up. Continue reading

PATEK FINISH MEN ONLY

Patek Philippe chose Milan to unveil its new women’s Twenty-4 Automatic watch. Thierry Stern took the stage positioned under a glass structure erected in the courtyard of the storied 17th-century Palazzo Serbelloni. “It’s been nearly 20 years after the debut of the Twenty-4 Manchette watch and we’ve been working on this new women’s timepiece for the past five years and through 40 prototypes,” said the affable executive.

The Geneva-based company is launching the first model of the collection with a self-winding mechanical movement in a round case.

Asked about choosing Milan for the launch a first for Patek Philippe Stern highlighted the city’s link to “fashion and beauty. We have to be in Milan. If it works in Italy, it will work everywhere.” Continue reading

YVES SAINT LAURENT LAST YEARS

Pierre Bergé is never far from fashion designers. The French bulldog, seems to be the only character that resists the passing of time in “Celebration,” a documentary by Olivier Meyrou on the couturier’s last years at his fashion house in France.

“As the legend goes I don’t know if it’s true in order not to affect Yves Saint Laurent, every time the dog died it was replaced on the very night and kept the same name,” said Meyrou in a statement.

The depiction of an aging, ailing Saint Laurent moments before his departure from the fashion house in 2002 is said to have incensed Pierre Bergé, Saint Laurent’s life and business partner, who blocked the release of the film.

“Celebration” dives into the day-to-day activity of the Saint Laurent couture house, capturing the intense preparation of fashion shows and special celebrations. Continue reading

PROENZA SCHOULER FINDS INVESTORS

Proenza Schouler the company led by designers Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez said Monday that a new group of private investors have bought back the company in its entirety. That marks an exit for Castanea Partners as well as a group of investors led by financiers John Howard, chief executive officer of Irving Place Capital, and Andrew Rosen, ceo of Theory.

The company said “a significant round of fresh capital has been raised during this process for the purposes of investing in the company’s growth and developmental strategies.”

Proenza Schouler said the money would be used to “enable the brand to expand globally by focusing on its core businesses of luxury ready-to-wear, leather goods and PSWL, as well as continuing to support its existing licensing partners L’Oréal Luxe and Onward Luxury Group SpA.

As part of the shift, ceo Judd Crane and chief financial officer John Paolicelli stepped down Monday and Kay Hong was named ceo. The company said, the designers are thrilled by this opportunity to refocus the company around their original vision and cement the brand as a clear leader in the ever-evolving fashion and retail landscape.

CHANEL IN MOVE

In a dramatic shift for the company, Chanel Inc., the U.S. subsidiary of Chanel Ltd., is transforming its wholesale business into a concession model.

The company plans to operate concession departments in its major accounts, which include Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom and Bloomingdale’s. The process began last year with Bloomingdale’s 59th Street location, and this year several others were converted, namely Saks in Greenwich, Conn., and Atlanta and Neiman Marcus in Atlanta. The rest will be phased in over the next year.

“You might be wondering why, after 12 years of relative silence, am I doing a real interview,” said John Galantic, president and chief operating officer of Chanel Inc. “It’s a time of pretty major change here. The old saying is ‘don’t waste a crisis. But I look at it the other way more, which is when the business is very strong and the demand very desirable, there’s much more leverage and leeway to make change. Continue reading